At Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful, we believe it’s our role to help guide, educate and motivate the people and businesses of Gwinnett to become better stewards of this community we all share. That belief is what led to the development of the ME (My Environment) Campaign with our partners at the Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners in 2015. In the spirit of the ME Campaign, we’ve come up with five fabulous ways Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful can help you make the holidays at little eco-Merrier – and you, in turn, can help keep ME clean…
- The Perfect Gift for that Environmental Steward on Your List – a Clean, Green and More Livable Community: Donations made to Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful are a gift that keeps right on giving! As a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, we rely on donations from generous and concerned individuals and corporations in order to support our daily operations, education programs and goal of becoming America’s greenest, cleanest and most livable community!
- Pay a Post-Holiday Visit to Our Recycling Bank of Gwinnett: Rather than tossing all of the cardboard boxes, wrapping paper and gift bags in a trash bag that will be delivered to the landfill, make the choice to either place them in your recycling bin or drop them off to the Recycling Bank of Gwinnett. While here, you can also drop off your 2015 calendars, Christmas cards and all of those plastic jars, cans and boxes that once contained ingredients used in the preparation of your holiday feast.
- Become a Tried-and-True “Treecycler”: Before Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful plays host to one of the largest “treecycling” events in Georgia with our Bring One for the Chipper event in January, we rely on eco-conscious citizens just like YOU to drop-off you live Christmas trees at any one of our 27 collection locations at fire stations throughout the county. Your live Christmas tree will be given a new life as it is chipped into mulch to line the grounds of local playgrounds, beautify the beds around city halls throughout the county, mark walking trails in area parks, and so much more.Our collection locations will be accepting live trees between December 26, 2015 and January 16, 2016.
- Make the Resolution to Go GREEN in 2016: Whether your current environmental stewardship practices begin and end with placing plastic bottles and aluminum cans in the recycling bin or you consider yourself an avid activist for Mother Earth, there’s ALWAYS room for improvement. Consider making the resolution to become a brighter shade of green in 2016. Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful provides a number of great ways for you to become engaged through recycling, green living, volunteering, and so much more!
- Look to Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful as a Valued Resource – Not Just During the Holidays, But 365 Days a Year: In addition to engaging blogs like this one and our “Top Ten Tips for a Green, Clean & Beautiful Holiday Season” from last December, GwinnettCB.com also provides our website visitors with a lot of useful information. Listed among them are tips to becoming greener at home, school and work; calendar of eco-friendly events and volunteer opportunities; database of drop-off locations for materials not accepted by curbside recycling collectors; and so much more. Be sure to bookmark our website and visit us often in 2016 and beyond!
From All of Us at Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful, We Wish You & Yours a Very Happy Holiday Season!