What is meant by Green and Healthy?
The Green & Healthy School Program is joint initiative of Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful and Gwinnett County Public Schools. It is a system of strategic planning, teaching, learning and doing that results in a greener and healthier natural world.
Making your way to a Green & Healthy School begins with starting and submitting your Green & Healthy Achievement Profile.
Visit: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdfRzFzKEMgHn9prIt76_wI8kz-MzqwaTvx4VgUMPleEOodaA/viewform **right-click to gain access to link**
The Green & Healthy Achievement Profile (G-HAP) is a road map / action plan for schools, administrators, and teachers to guide in the planning, executing, and assessing the effectiveness of environmental lessons, activities, standards, and school programs. Putting your EAP plans into action will enhance 21st century learning and help you make your way toward a Green & Healthy School Program.
Benefits for Schools
- Dynamic Learning Opportunities: Providing meaningful real world content for engaging students in mastering county and state curriculum standards and improving academic achievement.
- Productive Learning Environments: Creating and maintaining healthy school environments for successful teaching an learning.
- Environmental Benefits: Conserving natural resources by implementing environmentally sound practices.
- Economic Benefits: Saving funds by improving school resources efficiently and recognizing opportunities for cost avoidance.
- Citizen Engagement: Increasing citizen involvement and opportunities for academic service learning.
- Environmental Literacy: Demonstrating knowledge, actions and behaviors which improve our environment and reduce society’s impact on the natural world.
- Recognition: Earning recognition for accomplishments and improvements made through each level.
Green and Healthy Schools for 2021-2022
Congratulations to the following schools for their efforts to ensure a greener and healthier natural world.