GCB VOLUNTEERS TAKE ACTION…
SEE THE RESULTS
During the past 12 months, more than 200,000 people gave their time and talents to make our community a better place to live, work, play and learn. Read more and see what we accomplished together.
- Raised the environmental knowledge and awareness of 403,489 citizens
- Trained 13,810 teachers and engaged 98,270 students in hands on environmental learning and stewardship
- Provided 264,866 volunteer hours to improve our community ( Almost 100,000 hours more than last year)
- Coordinated 1,964 volunteer events
- Donated more than $75,000 in resources for the development and implementation of Operation Good Neighbor
- Removed more than 120,000 pounds of litter and 1,418 signs from 1,000 miles of roadway to protect our streams and improve curb appeal
- Reduced the signs of graffiti vandalism by 12%
- Named one of the top recyclers in America
Thanks to YOU for YOUR efforts to make Gwinnett the greenest, cleanest community in America!
More than 80 Gwinnett County Schools were selected as Green and Healthy Schools by Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful and Gwinnett County Public Schools for their efforts to develop tomorrow’s environmental leaders and make a greener and healthier natural world. Click here to learn more!
Visit GCB’s Recycle Now page for the most up to date listing for over 500 opportunities to recycle in Gwinnett.
If you cannot find the material that you wish to recycle on our Recycle Now page, now you can contact the GCB Recycling Guru for all of your tough recycling questions!
JOIN THE MOVEMENT
Mark your calendars for these volunteer opportunities…
- Saturday, October, 6, 2012 – 9AM – 1 PM National Planting Day and Great Graffiti Wipeout
- Saturday, November 17, 2012 – 9 AM – Noon – America Recycles Day