COURT-ORDERED COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES
Location: 4300 Satellite Boulevard, Duluth, GA 30096
Minimum Age: 18 years of age
Work Shift Schedules:
- ALL DAY SHIFT 7:45 am – 5:00 pm
- MORNING SHIFT 7:45 am – 12:00 pm
- AFTERNOON SHIFT 12:45 pm – 5:00 pm
Saturday (not available every weekend, must call ahead)
- ALL DAY SHIFT 7:45 am – 4:30 pm
Must work the full 8-hour shift and call ahead to check if a Saturday opportunity is offered that weekend.
How to get started:
- No appointment is needed. Use the work shift schedules listed above to plan when you can work a shift.
- For your first day, show up on-time for one of the check-in times (either 7:45 am or 12:45 pm) with your paperwork, photo ID, dressed appropriately, and with your own food and drink.
- To park, pull into the entrance closest to Steve Reynolds Blvd (without the recycling bins), drive around the side of the building, and park in the gravel lot at the back. You are not permitted to use the parking in front of the office.
- The sign-in table is located in the warehouse, on the side of the building near the front offices. If you are early, wait here until sign-in begins.
- Long pants (like jeans)
- Closed toed flat shoes (like boots or tennis shoes)
- Shirts with sleeves (no tank tops/sleeveless shirts)
- Clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty
- All volunteers MUST arrive ON-TIME at 7:45 am or 12:45 pm to sign in on the shift roster. If you are late you will not be able to work that shift.
- Community service workers shall not leave the property during their work shift or during breaks.
- Bring all food and drinks when arriving to work. We do not have kitchen facilities or vending machines available for your use.
- Breaks and lunch are not included in hours worked.
- Must be dressed appropriately in the required attire.
- Paperwork from your probation officer or the Court *** You will not be allowed to begin your Community Service without the correct paperwork.
- Valid Photo ID
- Duties vary daily. Duties include, but are not limited to sorting recyclables, working outside, picking up litter, and facility cleanup. Ability to lift up to 45 pounds, stand, walk, talk, see, and hear.
- Completion letters will only be issued once the final shift has been completed. No copies will be given out.
- Completion letters must be requested 48 hours in advance and may be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Completion letters will only be issued for community service workers that complete ALL hours that have been assigned by a probation agency or court with Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful Services.
- All inclement weather closing and delays will be posted on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/gwinnettcb