Our hours are Thursday 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. & Friday 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
*Please note: the shredder must shut down AT 12:00. There is typically a line. We suggest you allow at least 30-40 minutes to complete your shredding.
FREE SHREDDING SERVICES WILL BE DISCONTINUED ON APRIL 30, 2016, WHEN THE RECYCLING BANK OF GWINNETT CLOSES. SCROLL BELOW FOR SOME OTHER SHREDDING OPPORTUNITIES.
Shredding is first come, first serve. Each person, household, or company can shred up to 3 copy-paper-sized boxes or small-medium bags per day.
You must prepare your shredding in advance.
Please see below for items not accepted and items accepted.
All paper is accepted for recycling, but only certain types of paper are accepted in the shredder.
Items not accepted in the Shredder
- Any type of folder
- Business Cards
- Shiny Paper
- Greeting Cards
- Newspaper, or a similar material
- Credit/gift cards
Items accepted in the Shredder:
- Any type of Office Paper
- Paper envelopes
- Bank Statements
In order to be put into the shredder, the paper needs to have the following removed: large paperclips (staples and 1in or smaller paperclips are fine), rubber bands, and any of the above not accepted materials mixed in with it.
Other Locations and Events for Shredding Services
- Sustainable Gwinnett’s Recycling Days (click here for more information)
- April 9, 2016 from 9am-12pm at Coolray Field (FREE- 5 box limit)
- August 6, 2016 at Pickneyville Park (FREE- 5 box limit)
- November 21, 2016 from 9am-12pm at Coolray Field (FREE- 5 box limit)
- Girl Scout Troop 1544 Shred Event
- April 23, 2016 from 10am-12pm at 1575 Natchez Way in Grayson ($5 p/copy paper sized box)
- Office Depot stores (call your local store to ask about fees)
- Staples stores (call your local store to ask about fees)
- FedEx (call your local store to ask about fees)