Here are 10 Easy Steps to Recycling at Home, a great way to save water, conserve energy, save taxpayers money and save precious landfill space.
- Call your garbage company.
- Request a recycling bin for curbside pickup.
- Remove lids from containers (bottles, cans, jars and jugs).
- Empty liquids from containers.
- Put empty containers in your recycling bin.
- Remove newspaper from plastic bags.
- Store newspapers in paper grocery bags.
- When paper bag is full, place it on top of full recycling bin.
- Set bin out at the curb on garbage day.
- Bring bin back inside and start over again!
For a list of drop-off locations where you can recycle items, visit our searchable recycling database.