What is the Georgia Industrial Materials Exchange?
Georgia Industrial Materials Exchange provides a free site to link organizations that have reusable goods they no longer need to those who can use them. By providing a business reuse network, the Materials Exchange program provides an outlet for one company’s waste to be a valuable resource material to another company.
Georgia Industrial Materials Exchange develops an industrial ecology for manufactured materials so that one company’s by-products can be used by another company in lieu of “virgin” materials.
Who Can Use the Georgia Industrial Materials Exchange?
Material Wanted postings may be made by entities operating anywhere. Only Georgia companies, institutions, commercial entities, or businesses can post their unwanted Materials Available.
How Can My Company Benefit from Using this Site?
- Receive low or no-cost materials
- Reduce disposal and purchase costs
- Reduce storage space
- Capture the value of by-products and surplus materials and generate revenue
- Reduce waste, save landfill space and resources
- Provides a cost-effective way to promote “reduce, reuse, recycle” throughout our state
- Enhance the environmental image of your company
- Meet corporate community and environmental goals
Visit Georgia Industrial Materials Exchange at www.scrapmatchga.org.
*Georgia Industrial Materials Exchange is a program of Georgia’s Pollution Prevention Assistance Division (P²AD) of the Georgia Department of Natural Resources.