Great American Cleanup
March 1 – May 31, 2014
Keep America Beautiful’s Great American Cleanup is the nation’s largest annual community improvement program. For three months during the spring, over 4 million volunteers and concerned citizens in communities all across the nation work together to beautify neighborhoods, reduce waste, initiate recycling programs, plant trees and gardens, and so much more. The Great American Cleanup Gwinnett Challenge is hosted locally by Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful, and we want 2014 to be our best year ever! Together, we can instigate lasting change in an effort to make Gwinnett the best place to live, work, and play.
In order to make this happen, we need YOU to take part in The 2014 Great American Cleanup Gwinnett Challenge! It’s open to businesses, local governments, school groups, churches, civic groups, athletic teams, and individuals. Getting involved is not only rewarding… it’s easy!:
- Take the Pledge!: Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful’s I Pledge Program means you are committed to being an environmental steward… caring for the land, water and community every day. You pledge to “live green” by changing your habits and practices at home, school, work and play – not just during the three months of the Great American Cleanup, but year-round.
- Take Your Pick!: Choose at least one activity from our Gwinnett Challenge Activity List -OR- design a Great American Cleanup activity of your own imagining.
- Take a Peek!: Please review our Rules and Guidelines for participation.
- Take a Stand!: Register your project idea online or submit a Project Registration Form via fax to 770-822-5179. Then, be sure to complete your project by May 31, 2014.
- Take Photos!: As you and your team work together on your project, snap some candid photos and send them our way at email@example.com. Don’t forget to tell us who you are and what project you are tackling. You might just see them featured on the Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful Facebook and/or Flickr pages!
- Take a Bow!: Submit your Post-Project Results Form via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax at 770-822-5179 by June 6, 2014 for recognition and consideration for CASH PRIZES!
In the event that you simply do not have the time to take part in the Great American Cleanup Gwinnett Challenge this year, there is another very important way you can support our efforts…