Try making just one new change or adding one new habit each week. You’ll be surprised how it adds up after just one year.
Here a few ideas:
- Consider becoming a shoe –free household. This can help keep your front entries clutter free and indoor air quality cleaner.
- Wrap your hot water heater with insulation. This can help keep as many as 1,000 pounds of global warming CO2 a year out of the upper atmosphere.
- Use cold water to wash clothes. This can save up to 80% of your energy used to wash clothes in hot water.
- Shut down your home computer every night.
- Install a programmable thermostat that lets you automatically lower the temperature when no one is home or when you are asleep.
- Install showerheads that deliver water in multiple small streams. They keep water warmer, make rinsing easier and save water.
- Add an aerator to your faucet to reduce water needed to wash hands or rinse dishes.
- Install new energy efficient laundry washers and dryers.