Since 2003, Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful has conducted an Annual Graffiti Survey for Gwinnett County during a two-week period every February. This “snap shot” in time covers more than 1,000 miles of roadways. Each year’s data is compiled and the results are compared to the 2003 baseline. Data is also compared to prior year’s results to determine trends and identify potential problems.
A Quick Look at 2011
- - 317 Sites observed
- - Tagged surfaces totaled 11,261 square feet
- - 84% of tagged sites were gang-related
- - 74% of tagged sites were on businesses
- - Majority of graffiti sites are in the Duluth, Lawrenceville & Norcross zip codes
- - Graffiti sites are up 26% from 2003