10 Easy tips for Preventing and Eradicating Graffiti:
- If you see graffiti vandals in the act, call 911 to report them.
- Record it using a digital camera.
- Cover graffiti quickly on your property using the same color as the original painted surface.
- Report graffiti to “Got Graffiti” hotline 770-822-5186 or by reporting it online.
- Keep your property well lit, clean, and landscaped to discourage graffiti.
- Plant native shrubs with prickly or thorny foliage near walls and fences to help prevent access.
- Encourage businesses to remove graffiti within 48 hours.
- Learn about graffiti and educate others in your community about how graffiti affects your quality of life.
- Organize or take part in a community or neighborhood cleanup and graffiti paint-out.
- Talk to your children, especially teenagers, about respecting public and private property.
Every day, we can all do something to prevent graffiti and make Gwinnett a safer, cleaner and more livable community.