Saturday, November 6th marks the return of America Recycles Day (ARD) – a national initiative of Keep America Beautiful. First established by the National Recycling Coalition in 1997, ARD represents the only nationally recognized day dedicated to encouraging Americans to recycle and buy recycled products.
This event is brought to you by Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful and Gwinnett County Solid Waste. You have the opportunity to drop off items that are typically more difficult to recycle, such as electronics, tires and latex paint. Paper shredding will also be available as well as clothing and sneaker collection.
Start gathering your items and bring them to Coolray Field, home of the Gwinnett Stripers in Lawrenceville on Saturday, November 6th between 9am and Noon.
Here are some things to remember before you come:
- Paper shredding is limited to five copier paper boxes
- Electronics recycling is free except for TVs, monitors and printers – ($35 cash fee for projection or console TVs; $15 cash fee per flat screen TV or computer monitor and $5 cash fee per printer)
- Oil and latex paint will be accepted and limited to 10 gallons per vehicle (Latex paint cans must contain 25% wet paint)
- Boxes and containers will NOT be returned
To ensure the safety of our attendees, staff and vendors, there will be certain precautions in place to help navigate the COVID19 social distancing guidelines:
All attendees are encouraged to wear masks
- Attendees are encouraged to wear masks
- All attendees should remain in their vehicle at all times
- Items to be recycled should be placed in the trunks or backs of vehicles where they will be removed by vendors
- Containers will not be returned, therefore bring materials in disposable containers or boxes
This level of preparedness and awareness will enable a safe and successful event for everyone. For more information, please call the Solid Waste Call Center at 770.822.7141.