WHO ARE WE? We are citizens who care and are a catalyst for a movement of caring individuals who will create a greener, cleaner Gwinnett.
We are a 501 (c) (3) non-profit charitable organization whose community based network focuses on finding long-term solutions to environmental and quality of life issues through individual action.
WHY DO WE EXIST? To become America’s greenest, cleanest community…a place where individuals and institutions take responsibility to improve our environment which results in a greener, cleaner, better and safer place to live, work, play and learn.
WHAT ARE OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES? As a national, state, and locally recognized leader in community and environmental improvements, we are guided by these principles.
- Educating and communicating: These are the keys to encouraging positive behaviors and daily actions toward a greener, cleaner, more livable community.
- Individual responsibility: Improving the environment and quality of life all begins with individuals becoming more engaged as citizens and stewards of the environment.
- Partnerships: Building and sustaining broad based community alliances are essential to achieve long-term community improvements.
- Volunteer Action: Engaging volunteers turns education and knowledge into visible results.
WHAT ARE OUR CORE VALUES? Our core values are our essential tenets… they guide our processes, clarify who we are, articulate what we stand for, help explain why we do business the way we do, guide us on how to teach, guide us in making decisions and underpin the whole organization. They are the practices we use every day in everything we do.
- ENVIRONMENTAL STEWARDSHIP – We respect the world around us and our natural resources. We practice environmental stewardship and work to reduce our environmental impact wherever and whenever we can.
- SUSTAINABILITY – We work towards sustainable practices and long term solutions that benefit society and our environment. We are dedicated to continue creating innovative and sustainable approaches in all areas of our work.
- FACTS AND SCIENCE- We gather and analyze facts and use facts, reason and sound science to guide us in making decisions.
- INNOVATION – We have a history of creating dynamic, innovative, results based programs and practices. We commit ourselves to seeking new ways to advance knowledge, solve problems, improve environmental practices and expand on our successes.
- COLLABORATION- We believe that improving our environment is a shared responsibility. We commit ourselves to work in genuine partnerships with individuals, families, community agencies, civic organizations, schools, businesses, governmental entities and other groups at the local, regional, state, national and international levels to achieve our vision and mission.
- INTEGRITY– Our integrity is not negotiable. We act with honesty, accountability, fairness and respect for others.
- QUALITY SERVICE – We care about what we do and for whom we do it. We are attentive and listen to our service recipients.
- EXCELLENCE – We pursue excellence in everything we do.
OUR STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES: They reflect how our organization will be improved. They are measurable and are the criteria we use for evaluating the effectiveness of our program.
2012 – 2013 STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES:
- To increase recycling 10 percent
- To increase reduce litter by 10 percent
- To reduce graffiti by 10 percent
- To increase citizen engagement by 10 percent